Sep 7: Introduction
- Create a 1 or 2 paragraph document in Pages or Microsoft Word outlining your previous computer experience. Upload it to the class web site.You must name the file YOURLASTNAME_Assignment0.pages (for a Pages file) or YOURLASTNAME_Assignment0.docx (for a Microsoft Word file.)
Upload the file to the class web site by 6 pm,
Before you upload, check that your file is named properly, and that your are uploading to the correct folder for your section of the class.
Due Sep 14.
Please fill in the student information form.
- Learn lab rules and procedures
- Review course outlines and requirements
- Be able to start and shut down computers
- Operating system concepts and definition
- Mac OS Tasks:
- Desktop elements
- The Finder
- Start and shut down programs
- Window elements
- Mac OS help system
- Microsoft Word basics
Download Basic Computers handout in Acrobat
If you are not comforatble with the Mac, or even if you are, Basic Mac OS tutorials are a good place to start.