Thursdays, 9-12, NSCAD Academy Building, 1649 Brunswick St., Room A001
About this class
Download the official description and day-by-day schedule for this class in Adobe PDF format. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer to view these files.
|In-class practical assignment:
- Fountain Computer Lab N320C — 8:00am-9:00pm daily including weekends, except when classes are in progress
- Fountain Computer Lab N320F — 10:00am-6:00pm Monday to Friday, except when classes are in progress
- Port Computer lab P218 — 24hr student access by request, contact multimedia for more information.
- At this time Academy lab A001 is for class use only, swipe card access is being requested.
Free access to Lynda.com video tutorials
If you have a Halifax Public Library login (not NSCAD University) you can access a large library of high-quality video tutorials for free. To do this you will need to apply online - it only takes a few minutes and your library login will be sent to you.
- Start by going to the library card application page and fill out this form. Make sure you use your Nova Scotia address.
- Your online library card number and library card pin number, will be emailed to you.
- Once you have your library card number and library card pin number, go to https://www.lynda.com/portal/sip?org=halifax.ca to log in to Lynda.com.
- You can now access tutorials on Illustrator, Photoshop, and more.
There is no textbook for this class. If you are looking to supplement
class notes and handouts with books, please talk to me and I can recommend
something. I have few introductory workbooks I can loan out.
There are manuals available at the Multimedia cage for many of the software
programs we use. These are for in-lab use only.
Handout and Outlines
Download Basic Computers handout in
Acrobat PDF format
Get help on printing and other Multimedia Center functions at the NSCAD Multimedia help site.
- Drivers for the MMC printer (to install on your Mac or PC)
- Help with printer settings
- Help using Multimedia Centre hardware and software