Introduction to Semiotics
Semiotics for Beginners is a key text. Expect to read all of it over the term. It also has a good glossary.
Linguistics and Structuralism
- A Course in General Linguistics by Ferdinand de Saussure
Read "Part One: General Principles (pp. 65-100) for Monday Jan 14.
- Peirce's theory of the sign
- Semiotics for Beginners
by Daniel Chandler:
A reasonable overview of semiotics
- Semiotics in product design.
Read for Feb 1.
- Computer interface design..
- This is not a place of honor.
- Icons R Icons.
- A Pattern Language
- A Street Café
- A Pattern Language online tool
- Spatial Semiotics of the Urban Vernacular
LinksCommunicating across space and time
- Atomic Priesthood
- Reducing the likelihood of future human activities that could affect geologic high-level waste repositories
- Arecibo message
- Pioneer Plaque